These are events that my students are able and encouraged to participate in through-out the year.
- Studio Recitals - Studio Recitals are a great opportunity for students to practice playing in public and playing for parents and friends. The recitals usually take place in January and June.
- Local Solo and Ensemble Festivals. Usually in January, February, March, and April.
- Certificate of Merit (Music Teacher's Association of California) - A comprehensive examination by level 1-10. Tests skills in technique, performance, sight-reading, ear-training, and theory. Students sign-up in November and take the exams in March.
- All-County JHS Honor Band - Through CMEASBS (California Music Educator's Association Southern Border Section.) Auditions take place in early April and Rehearsals/Concerts in early May.
- San Diego Flute Guild (SDFG) solo flute festival and competition. An opportunity for students to compete and/or play for comments, attend concerts and classes, and try-out instruments. Usually takes place in April
- SDFG Ensemble Competition - Flute only ensembles that compete and receive comments. Usually occurs in October.
- All-Southern, All-State Honor bands. Through CBDA (California Band Director's Association - cbda.org) for all-state and SCSBOA (Southern Callifornia School Band and Orchestra Association - scsboa.org) for All-Southern. All-State and All-Southern auditions take place in December. All-Southern rehearsals/performances take place in January and All-State in mid-February.
- SDFG Members Recitals - Through out the year.
- SDFG Holiday Concert - December Concert.